Our dogs are a special part of our family. They give us an abundance of love, joy, play and company. But owning a dog also comes with responsibility – and one of those things is grooming them regularly. It’s important to keep your dog clean and well-groomed! Dog grooming removes excess hair, eliminates mats and tangles and encourages the skin to produce natural oils that will keep your furry friend healthy.
While it’s a great idea to brush your dog regularly at home, having your dog professionally groomed can help to save you time and energy. Think of it as a quick visit to the spa for your pup! The Dog Dazzlers is a professional dog grooming service in Melbourne. We clean your dog’s coat, clip their nails, trim their fur or cut their hair to make them look good and feel comfortable. We also provide other services such as bathing, brushing teeth and ears cleaning.
In this article, we explore the surprising benefits of using a professional dog grooming service for your pup.
Benefit #1: Professional Dog Grooming Offers Health Benefits for your Dog
This is by far the biggest benefit between professional dog grooming v’s grooming your dog at home yourself. Professional grooming can help to keep your dog healthy in a number of ways, with a range of services that will keep your pet happy and healthy:
- Professional dog wash: A thorough clean with PH Balanced shampoo will wash away the dirt and help to prevent skin irritations.
- De-tangling of matted fur: De-tangling fur and removing matted hair will help your dog look and feel so much better! Matted hair can pull on your pup’s skin and become quite painful for them.
- Treatment of fleas: It’s important to have your dog treated if fleas exist. Fleas cause redness, irritation, biting of the skin, hair loss, and (if left untreated) can lead to other parasites.
- Nail trimming: trimming your dog’s nails must be done properly. If left too long, they can cause cracking and tearing which is quite uncomfortable for them. And if cut too short can cause bleeding and even infection.
Regular professional dog grooming can also help detect early signs of bumps and skin irritations that you may not necessarily find with your own grooming at home. Our professional dog groomers are thorough in our grooming, and can also check for any early signs of infections or discomfort in your dog’s ears and eyes.
Benefit #2: Professional Dog Groomers have the Right Tools for the Job
One of the great things about using a professional dog groomer is that we have all the tools needed for a clean and beautiful finish. Different breeds of dogs require different tools and brushes to create the desired look you’re after for your pup.
Our grooming salon is equipped with high-quality tools to get your dog looking and feeling amazing. Dog clippers, flea combs, scissors and nail trimmers are just some of the things that we have at our disposal to help out with all your dog’s grooming needs. We also use nontoxic, gentle shampoos that are specifically created for dog’s to help create a beautiful shiny coat without any irritations.
As professional dog groomers in Melbourne – we have the experience needed for dealing with all different types of breeds and coat textures, making us the ideal companion when it comes to looking after your pet!
Benefit #3: Professional Dog Grooming is Fun for your Dog!
Regular dog grooming can be a real fun experience for them. Dog’s enjoy regular grooming sessions, especially when they’re given by friendly people who just love dogs…just like us! Believe it or not – dogs like to be clean so allowing them to go for a trip to The Dog Dazzlers salon is just as fun as it is at home.
Our professional dog grooming team are all well-trained in pet behaviour and care. We will do everything we can to make your dog feel comfortable and happy with their grooming experience.
Some dogs can be a bit apprehensive the first time they come for a professional grooming session. This can also be the same for a puppy’s first visit. We take the time to settle them into our salon and make them feel right at home and comfortable. It’s super important that their first grooming experience is a positive one, so that they’ll want to keep coming back for more!
Benefit #4: Professional Groomers Know How to Groom Different Dog Breeds
It’s important to have your dog groomed by someone who knows what they’re doing, especially when it comes to different dog breeds as they all have different grooming needs.
For example, breeds such as poodles have curly coats that can matt easily and schnauzer grooming is a whole style of it’s own. Dog’s like this need special tools to help with the de-tangling process and styling. Dog clippers are used to shave down their coat and get it back into shape before smoothing out any hair that has become matted. Whereas dogs such as chow chows and corgis have double coats, which shed a lot more often and require special combs to gently loosen their undercoat.
Professional dog groomers like our team at Dog Dazzlers know how to handle a variety of different breeds. We have experience working on dogs of all shapes, sizes and temperaments so we can ensure your pup gets exactly what they need.
Depending on the breed of your dog, our friendly team can give you guidance on how often they should have professional dog grooming to cater for their specific needs. We can also help you out with home grooming and nutritional tips for in-between appointments, to keep those coats beautiful and shiny!
Benefit #5: Professional Dog Groomers can take care of the Awkward Tasks!
Ok – we had to talk about it eventually! As much as we love our dogs, there are certain grooming tasks we don’t necessarily want to do ourselves 😉 Fortunately, using professional dog groomers means that you don’t have to worry about doing those embarrassing, but necessary, tasks:
- Anal Glands Expression: Dog groomers express the anal glands of dogs, which are under constant pressure from their full contents. Dog owners can do this at home if they feel comfortable, but most may prefer to leave this procedure to a professional.
- Ear Plucking: Dog groomers remove excess hair and buildup from a dog’s ears and tidy them up. Dog owners can do this at home, but it isn’t always easy. Professional grooming is the recommended method for ensuring hygiene when caring for your dog’s ears.
- Nail Trimming: Dog groomers help to keep your dog’s nails in check by clipping them regularly. While you can do this at home, it’s very easy to cut the quick of a dog’s nail and cause bleeding or pain. Leaving this for a professional means you know their nails are cut safely and to the correct length for their health and safety.
Are you looking for a Professional Dog Grooming Salon in Melbourne?
Dog grooming is a service that every dog owner should consider. As a leading professional dog groomer in Melbourne, our team are well-versed in pet behaviour and care. We know exactly what it takes to get your furry friend looking and feeling their best!
If you’re looking for professional Dog Groomers in Melbourne, then contact us today to learn more about how we work and how we can help with your dog’s grooming needs. Our friendly team will help you schedule your pup’s next appointment, and tell you what you need to know to set your dog up for an amazing grooming experience.